1. A few words about the SCENE Project
SCENE project is a 3-year long Research and Innovation Action under Grant Agreement number 101095303 and it will combine cutting-edge technology with a commitment to social responsibility and sustainability. From AI-based audience scouting, distribution mechanisms, and blockchain for IPR protection to 3D representations of monuments, the project is revolutionizing the industry while respecting the values of the European Bauhaus.
The personal data you provide us during your visit to our website is processed by White Research’s SCENE Dissemination Team(currently Mr. Alexandros Altsitsiadis and Mrs. Evangelia Tiaka) on behalf of White Research (https://white-research.eu/), which acts as a Controller towards your Personal Data.
2. What is personal data?
The term “personal data”, as used in this Policy, refers to natural person’s data either individuals or professionals such as full name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc. that can be used to identify the identity of the website’s visitor, hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data” or “Data”.
3. What is the Processing of Personal Data?
Processing of personal data is the collection, registration, organization, structure, storage, adjustment or alteration, recovery, search for data, use, disclosure by the transfer of Data, dissemination or any other form of disposal, association or combination, limitation, erasure or destruction to natural person’s personal data.
4. What kind of Personal Data do we collect?
We only collect the data that are necessary for the smooth implementation of our project. These data fall into the following categories:
- contact details (name/ surname, e-mail address)
- videos and photos (from people that attend our events).
We do not collect any other of your data via our website except for the data from the cookies you have permitted to be used, according to our Cookies Policy
5. For what purposes do we process your Data?
We collect your Data solely for the purposes of a) your subscription to our newsletter, and b) communicating with you via our “contact form”, based on your consent. We process your personal data with the purpose of:
- Disseminating the project’s results to different types of stakeholders;
- Sending invitations and providing access to guests attending our events and webinars;
- Administering, maintaining, and ensuring the security of our information systems, applications, and websites;
- Processing online requests or queries, including responding to communications from individuals;
- Complying with contractual, legal, and regulatory obligations.
6. Who are the recipients of your Data?
The recipients of your Data are the strictly necessary personnel of the Dissemination Team which is committed to confidentiality, and cooperating with our companies that process your Data as Data Processors on our behalf and based on given instructions. Such a company is our website services provider.
Moreover, it is possible to share or send with a competent public authority your Data when it is a legal obligation.
7. How do we ensure that our Data Processors respect your Data?
Our Data Processors have agreed with the Dissemination Team and are contractually bound:
- to maintain confidentiality,
- not to transfer Data to third parties without our written permission,
- to undertake organizational and technical data security measures,
- to comply with the legal framework for the protection of personal data, in particular with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
8. Do we transfer your Data abroad?
We do not transfer your Data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We do not own file servers located outside the EEA. However, some partners may use cloud and/or marketing services from reputable providers such as SharePoint, DropBox, MailChimp, Google, etc., situated both inside and outside the EEA. We always check that such providers comply with the relevant GDPR requirements before start using their services. When we conduct such transfers, we rely on various legal bases to lawfully transfer Data, among others your prior consent, adequacy decisions for relevant countries, or other transfer mechanisms as may be available under applicable law.
9. When do we erase your Data?
Your personal data are retained by us only for as long as it is required according to the applicable law.
10. Are your Data safe and secure?
We commit to safeguarding your Personal Data. We have taken all the appropriate organizational and technical measures to secure and protect your Data from any form of accidental or fraudulent processing.
11. What are your rights?
Regarding your personal data, you can:
- obtain information from us if we process your personal data and obtain a copy thereof,
- correct the personal data you have provided us,
- restrict the processing (a) when you dispute the accuracy of your personal data and until we verify it, (b) when you oppose the deletion of personal data but you do not wish to delete it, (c) when your personal data is not are necessary for the purposes of the processing, but are necessary for the foundation, exercise, support of legal claims, and (d) when you object to the processing and until it is verified that there are legitimate reasons that concern us and prevail over your legitimate interests due to which you are opposed to processing.
- request the transfer of your personal data to another Controller,
- oppose at any time the processing of your personal data when it is necessary for the purposes of your legitimate interests,
- delete your personal data (to be noted if deletion is impossible to meet regulatory obligations, we will let you know accordingly)
- revoke the consent you have given us at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent, before you recall it.
You can exercise your rights by applying to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will reply to your requests for free without delay, and in any case within one (1) month after we receive your request. However, if your request is complex or you submit a large number of requests, we will notify you within one month in case we need to take another two (2) months extension, within which we will respond back to you.
If your requests are obviously unfounded or excessive particularly because of their recurring nature, we may impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs for providing data or performing the requested action, or refuse to respond to the request justifying the answer to you.
If you are still not satisfied with our response, you can lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority situated in the country of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
12. A few more information
We do not make automated individual decision-making including profiling.
Our website is not intended for minors under 16 years of age.
If you want to contact us for matters related to the processing of your Data and the exercise of your rights you can contact the Dissemination Team via e-mail at the address: email@example.com